Group sway bar buy ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Coley

Reaction score
I wanted my rear sway bar to install with my new shocks so I contacted EE and informed them 71 members wanted a rear sway bar. They were receptive and supposedly contacted Rich Stern about it. Anybody heard anything about it yet? (Sorry - should have been under suspension)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was holding out for the one from Explorer Express. The EE swaybar is a slightly more heavy duty (in diameter) than the ZT swaybar. Not by much but I believe every additional little bit counts. (Then again with the right pricing . . .)

Where you get this 71members?? The last group swaybar buy was for 20 and only 8 showed in the end...

The Zabtek Sway bar is built with a better metal. There is more to a sway bar than size alone.

Todd Z is an asset to MYST.com and will bend over backwards to help members here when he doesn't really have to. He workes hard to design, engineer, and fairly price items to sell to members. If he can not fairly price something he designed and had built, he just wont make it and will go as far as even selling it. That says alot about Todd Z, not just as a sponsor, but also a person. He has a heart and cares about this website, its members, and his products he sells.

Todd will always get my sale when I am looking for something that he is selling. That is a promise.

Tom

I agree with Caymen,,Todd has quality parts and a good heart to go with his sales. He is not a corporate giant that will forget about you after the sale..

i will agree with both Tom and Eddie on this. Todd has assisted me numerous times and I didnt purchase anything from him. He pointed me in the right direction with purchasing parts that he didnt carry and assisting with making adjustments to my TRAC.

I would try and see if Todd could do a group buy on the Sway Bar.

Fast Eddie - Just go to the group buy page and do a <CTRL>+<F> and type in sway and you will see an entry that says 71 members.

As far as getting items from Todd I agree with everyone - he rocks and I have purchased stuff from him before. If Todd offers a group buy I would have no problems purchasing from him again.

I just find it odd to have that many people wanting a group buy on an item and nothing was being offered or done about it. I'm fairly new here and at least I'm being proactive towards the benefit of members on this site rather than idly lurking around.

DaveC - some of the group buy stuff out there has been there for ages and might not still mean anything.

Dave,

Another thing to remeber is everyone wants, not everyone is willing to buy. Many times, the same ones wanting the group buy conviently are nowhere to be found when it is time to pay for the item.

Tom

I have a Zabteck bar, and unlike the EE bar, it doesn't rub my brake lines.

EE's service has gone down the drain IMO. Last thing I ordered, they called and told me that the prices were incorrectly listed on the site, and it would be $XX more, is it okay to go ahead and charge it? It's over a year later, and the price on that item remains the same, which to me, is a "bait and switch" routine. I've never had that problem with Zabteck.

Todd also specializes in Sport Tracs (he owns 2 of them), unlike EE which also does Rangers, several generations of Explorers, and then they have a few things for the Sport Trac. Therefore, Zabteck (owner and employees all have Sport Tracs) knows their sh!t and knows what will and won't work b/c they've tried it before. If they went so far as to re-engineer something already made, doesn't that tell you something about the new product vs. the old product?

Plus, you can call Zabteck any time you have a problem installing something and they're more than willing to help. I've never used EE's customer service (or lack thereof) but when I can call a company (Zabteck), and the owner can go outside, look at his vehicle, and see exactly what I'm talking about and help with the problem, that scores points in my book.

I think the guys from Zabtech go out of their way to be in touch with this site and help out when they can. If I had not already gotten my bar years ago, I certainly would have gotten mine from them. They make sure you are happy with what you buy and can help you with the install.

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words.....

I try my hardest to please everyone, keep the peace, make a good product at a fair price...

Dave, IF your hot to trot on buying a bar, get the EE one.

I have the EE one on my 03 and my bar on my 04...

I currently don't have them in stock, and the truth is I am holding on purchasing more due to and up coming event.

Thank you for thinking about me.

IF in a month or so you did not purchase the EE one, I will gladly be here to help you.

Todd Z

Latest posts