gun racks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a gun rack in their ST. With hunting season here I am looking to start carrying my long guns with me, someplace other than the back floorboard. In the past I have had a suction cup rack on the back windshield but cant do that with the power window. I found a couple of overhead racks by "Big Sky Racks" that look good. Anyone have one of these. What is the make up of the roof of the ST is it double walled and if so how much space between, any support beams to screw into.

I've looked at a numbe of potentional solutions, including using a rifle scabbard on the inside of the bed. I've also been thinking of building a box for the front wall of the cargo bed.

Of course, the front underbed compartment of the 2007 would be perfect... :)

Nice bpoche but I need that seat for passengers sitting, wish I could just use the seats for my guns. I am hoping to get a M4 soon for an "off duty" long gun but that is probably just dreaming because diapers and formula comes first.

Rich I had thought the same thought about putting something in the bed but I'd rather have the guns in the cab. I have a 2 gun hard case I can throw them in and in the bed for transport if I need to.

I am still looking seriously at the over head racks especially since I found them cheaper than on ebay. Another thing I found that would work fine and is quite cheap ($20) is a thing that fits over the back of the seats and holds three guns. I saw that in Cabelas but I think it would interfere with passengers in the back and certainly would interfere with a car seat and I do not want to have to put it on and take it off everytime I have the baby in back. It would probably work great for someone who does not often have any back seat passengers.

How about the make up of the roof of the ST, can I mount the rack there what is there to screw into, Anyone?

I was wondering if bpoche was gonna post that one....

I usually keep my rifles in a plastic hard case in the bed. Just this weekend I had my M1 Garand and M59/66 SKS back there (then there was the .40S&W Hi-Point in the backpack).

I've had as many as 7 firearms at a time in the back (along with 4 ammo cans and luggage).

Bama Craig that first one is the cheap one I was refering to. It work work, atleast the top two guns anyway not sure the bottom one would fit with the console there, but as I said it would interfer with the car seat I have in the middle and I would have to take the guns out when I had that in which is still an option I guess for only $20. I am pretty sure I am going to get the overhead one just as soon as I verify that it can be mounted without drilling through the roof.

Firedog, I usually just use a hardcase to carry mine in the bed. I can't get the rifle to go cross-wise in the back seat. Not wide enough back there, so check and make sure your guns will fit that way before ordering any of those.;)

Blackhat I have a number of long guns. 2 .308's rifles, 1 30-30, several shot guns, a couple of .22 cal and with any luck soon an M4 or similar.

R Shek today I am going to take the longest gun out of my locker and see where it will fit, roof, seat etc.

I like that first one from Cabela's. My gun rack comes from Uncle Mike's Holsters and straps around my ankle.

My Mauser and my 20Ga are about the same length. Course, they are the two that get the least amount of use.

The M1 Garand will fit no problem....

M59/66 SKS does fine....

K31 Swiss- Ditto...

Hungarian M44 - Could fit in the front seat I think....

Hi-Point .40 - Under the seat?

Romanian AK-47.... well it's in pieces right now anyway.

Latest posts