Had a scare this AM...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Tanner

Reaction score
Drove to work this AM, an when I came to a stop, the trac was idling way rough... Put it in neutral and revved it up, still ran rough at idle... The light changed, so I took off and drove to the bank about 10 miles away. Pulled in and shut the engine off, went inside and did my business... Came back out, jumped into the trac, and it would NOT start... Just cranked... Stepped on the accelerator pedal, as usually this does the trick. Nothing... Auuuuughhh!! could it be that my faithfull servant has given up the ghost? fuel pump? coils? Then I remembered the Inertia switch...Pressed it and it fired right up!! Phew!! :banana: Dodged another one... Never have had this happen before in 214k miles... :haveabeer:

I had the same problem this morning but I could not get it to start can you tell me where the switch is an possibly take a pic of what it is supposed to look like?

there is a pic in your owner's manual... it is located on the toe board, undet the passenger side carpet ..

here's a pic:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldreplace the switch, first. Otherson thisboard have had switches go bad. Some changed the pump and filter. then they found it wasa bad switch.

Latest posts