Hair on speedometer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taco Jackson

Reaction score
Okay, over on the left side of the dash (04' ST) by the gas gauge, a little hair is on the gauge. Probably a dog hair from our Sheltie. Annoying. What do I need to do to get the plastic window in front of the gauges out of the way to get to that hair?

Could blow some air around the dash area to see if you can move it out of your site before you take the thing apart...

If not, there are several screws around the trim and then the clips that you cant see you pull the plastic out toward you to release the clips..

Todd Z

Taco it has been my experience as I have installed indiglow light kits in gauges before that if you take those gauges apart you are going to get a lot more than hair in there no matter how careful you are. Your best bet is as Todd says. Go buy a can of computer air and blow all around the gauges and hopefully that hair will move out of your sight. Even with this you run the chance of forcing some more debris in there.

Send it to me, It's one hair more than I have on my head. :lol:

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Had (still have) same problem when trac came back from body shop. Hair fell slowly on its own for a while, then stoped. Will give air a try.