hard to start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susan Pierce

Reaction score
has anyone had this problem with there st , having trouble starting hot or cold and when it does start it has a strong odor of gas after starting , i checked the fuel line and there is no gas in the line is this normal. i thought fuel injection wasent sopossed to bleed down. i have 185,000 on the truck. i notice on another problem todd z said it was the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel can this be changed by it self or as a whole unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
it can be your fuel pump. it has a oneway valve on it that sappose to keep gas in the lines. next time cycle ur ignition switch2 time to the run postion and then start it on the 3rd..if it start fine then, it most probably ur fuel pump.

I had this problem with mine and believe it or not it was the fuel filter AND the battery! The battery was not strong enough - I know it was hard for me to believe to! I got a motorcraft battery that was an exact replacement and was 875 cranking amps compared to the 650 stock!

Chris

Latest posts