Has anyone ever installed chrome door handles on a 2008 ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Brown

Reaction score
FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 06 07 08 CHROME DOOR HANDLES.. Just wanted to see if anyone has put this product on their ST... Wanted to get something like this but the item looks cheap.. Any input will help. Thanks in advance.

I have seen, and known many people who have used these types of chrome handle covers on their cars and trucks. Do yourself a favor and don't do it. They will do one of two different things: either fall off, or start to break apart. They are only held on with tape. If you have to have chrome door handles, find a company that actually makes them, and then replace your OEM ones with them. It will be a lot more money, but if you are going to do it, do it right...

Thanks for the info guys.. I wasnt to sure about the door handles to begin with just looking for something to make the ST stand out alittle. but they do look kinda cheap

what i find interesting, was that when i was ordering my 07 in the sales brouchure, the limited "chrome" package listed chrome door handles as part of the package.

well upon delivery, no chrome door handles !

when i contacted my regional fleet manager for ford, he said it was a mistake and that they are not available from the factory :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind the chrome haters. Get them. They look and fit great. Got them on my truck, had for almost two years, problem free. AND THEY DO NOT LOOK CHEAP! But shop around some more on ebay. I got my whole set INCLUDING tailgate handle for less than that.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
ive had my PUTCO ones for almost three years on my 07 and they are all still there. prep them good and you wont have any problems. I got mine for 60 total with the tailgate. i like em and people comment on them quite a bit.