Has anyone seen this bad a$$ Sport Trac? Kalama?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this in the October issue of Street Trucks magazine pg 52. It is an '01 SportTrac out of Hawaii called "BackDraft" :eek:, and uses the Supercharger from Explorer Express. :eek: It is For Sale @ $32k or best offer.

Specs

4.0L Supercharged

36x15.5x15 Baja Claw Radials

15x14 Weld Typhoons

Fox Racing Shox 2.0 Chrome Reservoir Shocks

Custom Fabricated Shock Hoops And Rear Shock Bracket

Black And Tan Katzkin Leather Interior

Rear Bench Seat Converted to Bucket Seats

Fiberglass Sub Enclosure With (2) 10" Alumapro Subs

ARC Audio Amps

Rainbow Audio Seperates In The Front And Coaxials In The Rear

Real Flame Graphics On Door Jambs And Interior Panels As Well As The Body Panels

Some nice paint work there, but $32K is a bit opptimistic. Will someone buy it for that much? Probably, but it isn't worth that amount of money

In particular, <a href="http://www.ic808.com/img/4sale/rear_suspension.jpg" target="top">this picture</a> has some scary things and lack of detail. I tend to be a stickler for details, even though my work doesn't always show it. Bit of a hypocrite I guess.

Travis,

I am the same way. I know exactly what you mean. If you ask a premimum price, expect buyers to look at the details. If you are going to spend that kind of money for that type os set-up, why not go the extra step and do it 100% right, even if it doesn't really make any difference in the ride or operation of the set-up.

Tom

That's the best custom paint job I've seen on this site. The interior would have looked a lot better if they had the graphite interior, instead of the tan.

I think 32k is a reasonable price. You can easily go up that high on a new Trac, and the paint job probably cost a mint...they say when you're tricking out a vehicle that you never get the money back out of it, but the "true flame" paint is soooo schweeeet!:cool:

SST-

That's not a show vehicle...not in the least. If it is, the builders need to buy themselves a cut off wheel, hacksaw, something.

There is alot I like about the truck, I just don't think it's worth nearly the amount asked. The most I'd pay for that is maybe $23K or so. Who am I kidding, I wouldn't even pay that much for it. All that work to make a vehicle look like it can go offroad when the last thing that truck needs to see is a trail. If I'm buying a lifted, solid axle'd, big tired rig, I'm gonna beat that thing offroad, like it was built for. Not parade it around at a show with my fancy paint, extra-long bolts and useless chrome. Ah, I'm being awfully negative about the whole thing. Perhaps its jealousy cause I want an FJ Cruiser...to beat offroad.

I would trade him for my truck.

Then I would have to pull out the sub box and amp rack. I couldn't give up my arm rest for amps. Plus I need 5 seat belts.

I would love to have that paint job on my truck.

Holy crap!

That is nice, I love those shocks.

The time spent modding, and the paint, audio equipment, and shock setup is probably worth what he's asking... its very nice and high end equipment.

Wow..

Now the FJ Cruiser is ugly, but I'm starting to see a few with off-road wheels and tires that make em look pretty darn okay.