hate to beat a dead horse...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle h

Reaction score
but after getting my truck back from the transmission shop, i still have the 2-3 slip. it almost seems worse. here's what they replaced:

upper valve body gasket

lower valve body gasket

4 shift solenoids

fluid and new filter

what else could be the culprit? i don't know what to do, any suggestions?

Did they replace the EPC solenoid ???

DID they adjust the EPC pressure ??? ( there is a project on it )

I had to do that when my truck started the same exact thing, It did go away with the EPC...

IF not, I would start there....

if that doesn't work, I think the tranny may be going south...

Todd Z

I have experienced this since the truck was new...almost always when the truck is cold. I have 115k miles with the original transmission. I change the trans fluid with synthetic ATF and filter every 30k miles. I am sure that many live with this 2-3 slip.

It is amazing that it takes Ford several model years to address issues such as this and the timing chain rattle.

Todd Z, i don't think they replaced the epc solenoid and no they didn't adjust it either. it just says 4 shift solenoids on the receipt. u think that might be problem? thanks for the help once again.

i know this is a common problem, but it bugs the crap out of me. and i really don't want it to cause major problems down the road so i just want it fixed.

I think that will help, The epc is set to only max out at a certain PSI. upping it slightly can help in certain situations.....

Print out the project on doing it and see of they will do it for you....

Todd Z

Mine is at the transmission shop as we speak. I had this same 2-3 slip for over a year. Now it jerks hard from 2-3 and no overdirve. They told me I had a band to break. So it is getting rebuilt. P.S. my transmission is the 4R44E.

Latest posts