Head count, XCAL-II, how many backed out of a purchase

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one I'm stuck with. It hurt, not helped.. Ran it for 12 days. 2500 miles.... now no contact from Wayne, no one can buy it cause it has an expedition code. So bye bye 350+ bucks for a doorstop.

I was thinking about getting one because of the good things I heard about them on this site. But after some of these problems started to arise I decided it was something I could live without. Kind of made my mind up for me. Now its a thing of the past and I no longer want one.

LaRue,

Like Rodger said. Go to SCT website he has posted. You might be able to find a dealer close to you that can unlock it for you. At least then you can sell it, or re program it for a different vehicle. If we have a dealer in Kentucky, then everyone has a dealer.:D

not me I am working on getting one.Most of those that I have seen still like them._Ron

Jimstracn,, it's unlocked,, I flashed it back to stock. I just needs to be flashed for someone else's truck. So if I could get 3/4 of my money back I would be happy. :) But I know that won't happen.:(

It was first on my list after I won the lottery. Seriously, like some people here I've been procrastinating about getting one for a couple of years.

Not me! I received my XCAL2 from HIA last June. Came with 3 tunes, mileage, performance, and towing for my travel trailer, all 87 octane tunes. Absolutely love it, and the tunes are all they are supposed to be, and do. Didn't have any problem getting it, maybe just a little slow, but not bad. Sorry to hear so many here are having problems with HIA in getting the XCAL2. Don't let that keep you from getting one from SCT, as posted above. I wouldn't be without mine.

Gary :)

I found some on eBay that are used. The owners flashed their vehicles back to stock so now they aren't running the tunes. I am considering getting a used one and then getting it programmed with my VIN and codes, etc. What do yall think? Thanks, DD ST

I was thinking about getting one, but it wasn't a top priority for me. I'd like to get an exhaust system first and then maybe couple that with a y-pipe. The flasher would follow soon after, but like everyone else, with the problems they've been having, it's tough to jump into that kind of situation. I would like someone that "specializes" in ST tuning, as well. If HIA can get there act together and start satisfying the customers needs, then I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them, but until then it's a no go for me.

DiveDeep, be careful with that, I was reading on the focus site that people are buying them and it turns out they were not flashed back, so you end up with an expensive paperweight. Seems to be a common scam that is going around.

I have one on order from Wayne, but I'm in the process of cancelling the order.

Ordered it back early August, and have no idea what ever happened. Even posted at the HIA forums for support. So far I have not heard anything back beyond "We're checking into your order".

I'm going to find an X Cal2 someplace else. I think Bamachips has a tune for the 07 V-8 that is working well.

Last edited by a moderator: