head light and tailight covers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Save you some money and go to any hobby store, get you some TRANSPARENT BLACK WINDOW TINT which is in a spray paint can, get that paint and some clear coat. And 800 grit sand paper.

Take off your tail lights, wet sand it with 800 grit wash it off with some dish detergent (gets rid of all the wax and such) spray a light coat of the trans. black and let it flash, put another coat, let it flash, put another coat (if you want) and then let it dry for atleast an hour. Then clear coat it, careful with the clear coat because you can run in very easily. and all this cost me $9 to do the rear with 1 can of each, and the sand paper cost me like $8

Heres a pic with the taillights done, I did my 3rd brake light but haven't taken the picture yet. I'll upload tomorrow.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
KarmaPolice,

Great idea. Many states it is illegal to have anything like headlight/taillight covers over the respective lights. Also, it is illagal to have the tail lights any other color but red and red must be visable from the back.

I think your tail lights look great, but if you, or someone else, were to get a "fix it" ticket, you would be scrambleing to get now lights. With Head/Tail light covers, you simply remove them.

Besides that, I think your tail lights look awesome.

Tom

the headlight covers are definetly illegal(says right on the box) i bought my AVS headlight covers from advance auto parts for $45. they look great during the day but at night i have to take them off because you can hardly see anything. i wouldnt suggest the covers for the brake lights because... during the day you can barley see when you are braking. you have to put velcro stickers on your taillights to attach the covers (looks really crappy when you take the covers off. my friend has been pulled over 3 times because of the taillight covers, and finaly one of my friends covers actually flew off his truck while on the highway(although that one may be his fault,he's not the smartest person.)

No worries I still have my euro tail lights I can fall back on. I painted my stock ones and kept my black euros. but the thing is, you can still see the lights perfectly when i brake and when the lights are on. I've had many cops be behind me and they never pulled me over. and in the sun you can see some red at different angles.

Now I just have to paint the cladding black and it will be a nice green/black trac

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts