Help again!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
Ok so I got the Xcal2 and Im going to hook it up. It was a previous members Xcal2. Well when I do everything it says Wrong Vehicle. So I guess its locked, but I also got his stock ECU, it was from the same year and everything. So Im guessing I need to switch out the ECU's? how and is it hard? Is there any problems or risks I should be aware with? Thanks in advanced.

Boodro

Disconnect the battery.....

The computer is 3 10MM bolts... JUST be careful removing the plug on the front of the computer, it has to be removed straight as not to damage the pins..

Then remove the computer....

Install his computer hook up battery and DO NOT START YOUR TRUCK! !!!!!!!!

hook up the xcal and flash back to stock,......

Then switch your computer in,

THEN download new tunes into the xcal from a dealer,,, I assume you do not have any new tunes for your computer code ???

IF you do, load them into the xcal from your computer and then flash the truck..

I DO NOT recommend using his computer in your truck. But it may work fine... YOu could just switch it and try to start your truck... The worst is it doesnt start..

IF it does you can drive it a little and see. But I know it will not be vin coded to your truck and can cause issues...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Todd. Life saver as always. Another question though, He already has 3 tunes on it can I use them or do I have to get my own. and where is the ECU located? Thanks

Boodro

IF you use his computer in your truck, and it runs, you need to do nothing.

But once you flash it back to stock, you will need NEW tunes for your computer code that is in your truck...

ECU, Passenger side under hood..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Larry, Still vin # locked...

Todd Z

Latest posts