Help finding a truck over 6,000 lbs.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather inOC

Reaction score
I need to find a truck that weighs over 6,000 lbs. for my business and I'm having a hard time searching for one. If anyone knows where I can find the gross weight of a crew cab truck with a long bed listed somewhere I would be ecstatic. Thank you!!!

Are you talking about 6,000 lbs empty weight, or 6,000 lbs. gross weight? Gross weight is the weight of the truck and a full load of people and cargo. Many standard 1/2 ton pickups will reach 6,000 lbs gross weight.

The number you need is the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). On the sticker above, that number is 8800 lbs.

You can buy a Ranger and stuff it with all the weight that Star Jones has lost.

Ape Out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Alabama when Cousin Earl gets in the back of my ST, it weighs over 6,000 pounds.

LOL. Must be related to my cousin. :D

Are you getting this for the tax break? Guess you should act fast. I hear they are getting rid of this loophole. Thank goodness. The question is can you afford the gas for this vehicle?

Last edited by a moderator:
That will be a nice tax write off ;)

Almost any FULL size will get you there. If you are going to the dealerships, check the door sticker (driver door) - It will have GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) right on it!!

Ford, Dodge, and Chevy full sizes (especially crew cabs) will get you where you need to be.

Oh, and a Dodge 1500 QC is 6650 lbs.

The tax loophole for large trucks for business purpose was taken care of and ended Dec. 31st 2003. It also was only available for the tax year of 2003. Many small business owners were able to purchase Hummers, Expeditions and the like for a full 100% tax credit.

I think the SUV Protection Act was modified somewhat, but you can still get a real pickup and qualify for the Section 179 deduction. Total gross weight has to be over 6000 lb, which is why the F150 is rated at 6050 lb. :D

Latest posts