HELP!!!: How To Change EGR Valve Sensor???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ L

Reaction score
I found the sensor...no problem at all. Unhooked it from the terminal...no problem. Now, how do I get the darn thing off??? Will I need to cut the hoses? or should the sensor just lift right out of each hose with a littel elbow grease??? If I do have to cut the hoses...I'm thinking they are easy to replace at Autozone???

Any and all help would be appreciated! Don't want to pull to hard and cause some serious, unnecessary damage!

Thanks!

I just pulled really hard on mine with a pair of needle nose pliers. They will come off but are a pain in the ass. When pulling on mine I accidently pulled the top of the EGR off. You could always try putting some grease or oil into the hose and they trying.

You're right, that was a pain in the A!!! But, alas I finally got the sucker off. Reset the ECM...we'll see what happens in the next few days!

Thanks for your help!!!

I used a pliars to twist the rubber hoses a bit to break them loose from the sensor and then it pulled right off. Replaced the sensor and disconnected the neg terminal of the battery for a few minutes and the CEL hasn't been on since.

Thanks Swede!!!

This group always provides alot of helpful insight on fixing problems with my ST!!! LUV MYST.COM!!!