help in a purchase!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek A

Reaction score
hello all! I'm looking to buy an 01 with a 103K miles on it for 6500...... appearence wise it is great however I have had ford's and still have a 00 expedition, which I'm selling, but I know ford's have problems. I guess I'm looking to find out from people who who own and have experience with these trucks if it a wise purchase. any advice or suggestions are going to be extremely helpful.

Thank you!

Another thing you may want to find out is if it is an Job 1 or Job 2...

do a search and you'll find out the diferences..

I have a 01' job 2. with almost 79,0000 miles on it.

Other than replacing the tranny it's been good to me.

Had small problems in the early years but the warranty covered it.

rob

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I recommend having a shop look at the front end and check the major seals for leaks..

ALSO at 100K miles all the gearboxes , coolant, tranny, Filters, Serp belt are all due for service.

A job 2 would be better, ( different intake setup) Easy Way to tell is if the oil fill cap is on the passenger side.

They are good trucks if maintained.

The price is fair, Good luck with whatever you choose to do..

If you get it, check here on the site before yo do stuff, there are a lot of little things that come up and we have the right fix for it where a lot of places start changing out parts like crazy...

I own 2 , 1 with 60K and 1 with 70K...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks for you help! if everything checks then I’ll probably end up with the buy....and I will definitely be checking here before changing parts out, I'm not a mechanic but I have maintained my other two fords fairly well so I’m leaning towards the buy. Thanks for you advice I'll be sure to have those majors looked at!

My '01 has almost 84,000 miles on it. There are only a few things we have had to do besides regular oil changes. The breaks had to be replaced, and an engine gasket or seal had to be replaced because it was cracked. Looks like my trac will be heading to Golden, Co. with my son, so hopefully I will be getting a new one when the mustang is paid off in Feb.

They are great little trucks and I can't think of any thing else I would rather drive.

I have an '01 w/ 113,000 on it, and never had any issues aside from the brakes. That issue was that they always seem to wear out faster than you think they should, I'm on my third (4th?) set now. Midas solved that problem for me. But the vehicle has been great, and I'm selling mine now so I can upgrade to '08 as soon as they get here (waited to long on the '07, can't get one in CA like I want anymore).

Latest posts