Help Installing 6 CD Changer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Ledford

Reaction score
I have purchased a 6 CD changer, amp/sub, and the harness for my XLS. My ST does not have the harness in the right kick panel the the sub harness plugs into. Does anyone know if that is a seperate piece of the harness that can be purchased or is it part of the XLT harness.

Thanks in Advance,

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam, it is not available separate. As long as were talking about the same thing. Your referring to the harness that runs from the kick panel up to the radio, correct???

If so, your in for a bit of a ride. You can get the plug ends and make your own. The only other option is by a dash wire harness with it integrated within the harness.

I see you have an 03. I thought the 03 had this harness in it. Both my 01 Job 2 and my 03 had the harness in it. I added the 6 pack radio to my Tracs.

If you click on my wrench you will see there is a project to add the system. Maybe with the pictures you'll see the plug your missing..

Good luck to you..

Thanks for the reply. Someone sent me a copy of your instructions. Good Job, it made it much easier to look into. When I pulled the kick panel off I did not see the black connector. The gray one was the only one in there. Are the connectors pig tailed with wire? I will make the harness if that is the only option. Do you think a stereo store like Curciut City would have both of the connectors?

Thanks again,

Sam