Help on Ford Transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this looks normal on the under part of the transmission. My wife drives a Ford Contour and when she got home from the grocery store this afternoon, transmission fluid was pouring out of the bottom of the car. I can't find anything loose where the fluid may have came from, but I took a picture with a mirror from underneath. Any ideas what may have happened? I guess I will be calling into the transmission shop in the morning to get it towed in and looked at. I just don't get the real shinny silver around the circles there, its like something came loose..

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
If the fluid is coming out at the motor end of the trans, sounds as if the front seal is bad. As for as the extra holes, some transmisions have the mounts built in to fit other cars.

Turns out, the transmission needs rebuilding. Not sure of the cause seeing that it never gave us a clue it was going out. But all in all, building the transmission is better than making monthly payments..Thanks.

Latest posts