HELP PLEASE!!! vacuum reservoir globe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will silva

Reaction score
I have a 2001 trac 2wd and i just noticed that one of the black hoses on my vacuum reservoir globe was not connected. the one going to the firewall was connected. but i can't figure out were to connect the other one. can someone pleas help? please post a picture if you can. thanks guys

Its, I believe, right front, you will have to carefully remove your wheel well cover. its attached to it at the front. You may just have to remove a part so that you can get in there and see. Check 'Installing the Zabteck true cold air intake' in the projects section. It will show you how to remove that cover.

Edit - Page 5 has the removal instructions

Last edited by a moderator:
i got to it but i just dont know where one of the black hoses connect to. one is connected to the firewall and the othe one i cant figure it out.

You are saying that you have a hose coming from the reservoir and you don't know where it supposed to go? If thats what you are saying on mine it seems to connect somewhere on the back of the intake next to the firewall.

You are saying that you have a hose coming from the reservoir and you don't know where it supposed to go? If thats what you are saying on mine it seems to connect somewhere on the back of the intake next to the firewall.

d087c1f92f19c55630914b972613c20b.jpg

Item Part Number Description

1 18A318 Vacuum control motorpanel/defrost door

2 18A478 Panel/defrost door (full vacuum position)

3 Defrost airflow

4 Side window demister airflow

5 18B545 Temperature blend door (full heat position)

6 19860 A/C evaporator core

7 19A813 Recirculation air duct door (full vacuum position)

8 Outside air inlet

9 18A318 Vacuum control motorair inlet door

10 Recirculated air inlet

11 19805 Blower motor

12 19A566 Vacuum reservoir tank

13 Vacuum from the engine intake manifold

14 19B888 Function selector switch

15 18495 Heater control valve

16 18476 Heater core

17 18A559 Panel/floor door (full vacuum position)

18 Floor airflow

19 18A318 Vacuum control motorpanel/floor door

20 Panel airflow

NOTE: The two vacuum lines to the vacuum reservoir tank are not interchangeable. NOTE: The A/C vacuum check valve is internal to the vacuum reservoir tank and cannot be serviced separately. ( The check valve should be in the side that Line 13 attaches to.

That's the vacuum schematic. Sorry but I don't have a Trac here to see exactly where that #13 "Supply" connection is located.

Last edited by a moderator: