Help please!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2001 ST Job1, I have been continuously received the codes for lean abnk 1+2. Have changed, Fuel filter, Spark plugs, Fuel pump, wires, ignition coil, all O2 sensors, Dpfe sensor, cleaned IAC Valve, Etc. It seems to come on when outside temperature is below 50 F and in the morning. Seems to run ok but notice it seems to have a loss of power or delay in downshifting upon acceleration. also notice on straight aways it seems to be in a higher gear than it should be. The elbow hose that has been posted on here- I can not find on the Job1 and I have checked all the hoses I could get to that are connected to the PCV system. I am at wits end and may just have to C4 the thing and buy Toyota Highlander hybrid! It sounds pretty impressive...

Please please help I have posted before but no one seems to know what the Job1 Problem is for Lean banks 1+2. And I hven't seen anything about the shifting problem/loss of power.

Any help would be appreciated!

The job 1 has a different location for the elbow..keep looking, I bet that is the problem

ALSO did you clean or replace the MAF sensor???

I remember another member having a similar issue and i believe it was the maf,,,

Todd Z

I'm having the same problem!!!!!.....I put in slick 50 gas treatment and replaced the fuel filter....resent the computer and the check engine light came back on. Now I also have code showing the 02 sensors. Truck still runs like grap and is at a high rpm when in park.

Trucks seems to be okay after running a while, but then while sitting a stop light, etc it whats to stall out!! Anyone up for more ideas on what to do?

thanks!:(

Seem a little extreme to replace the vehicle for a vacuum leak.

Instead of throwing money at it, why don't you have it diagnosed?

It seems like people don't have good mechanics and go changing hundreds of dollars in parts, and it boils down to a loose clamp, or a 3 dollar vacuum elbow...

Todd Z

The easiest way to find a vacuum leak is by using a propane torch.

Place a piece of rubber hose about two feet long over the tip of the torch so you can easily reach all the areas around the intake manifold. Start the engine and let it idle. Now just bearly turn on the gas for the torch but don't light it. Move the end of the hose around all the intake manifold and hose connections. When the propane passes over or near a vacuum leak the engine will speed up noticeably. That's where your vacuum leak is!

Obviously since propane is highly flamable, so do this test outdoors and do not smoke.

...Rich

Another method Ihave used is a squirt bottle of water. While idling squit all vacuum hoses and connections, including around the intake manifold gasket seat areas. If the motor sucks it in, it will stager and stumble

Latest posts