Help! Turn Signals!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
OK, so I hooked up my ignition button. I just tapped into the ignition wire and taped into the cigarette lighter hot wire. It works and all but after all that, now my turn signals are having problems. When i do the switch they dont work, and they wont even go on the instrument cluster. My lights work but those dont. not even a clicking sound. When i turn on my hazards the backs work and only the front right works. On the instrument cluster the only the right one blinks and lights up. I checked all the wires in the Steering column harness and all the wires around it and I dont see any disconnected or anything. I checked fuses and bulbs, and they are all good. Can anyone help me please? and it would help If anyone knew which wire in the Steering column harness is for the flashers and all that? thanks in advanced.

Boodro

Did you try tilting the column up and down a little?? Maybe the column that is known to be too short is causing the issue???

Todd Z

Todd Z, How can I fix the Column issue. I tilted it up a little and now all the hazards work, but turn signal switch still doesnt work. Thanks in advanced.

Boodro

They make a kit at ford for fixing it, BUT you have to take the column apart and extend 1 or 2 wires so they don't get pulled...

I think there is a project on it, OR a member here did post pics of how he fixed it..

Todd Z

thnx. I did a little searching and found the post about it. But i decided to give it one more try and now it works. but now my button doesnt work, so another problem ahead. But this one I should be able to do easy, I just need to take some time to look at it. thanks again.

Boodro