Help w/ lowering ST!!!! I want to lower it 1-1.5" all around!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
I am wanting to find the cheapest/easiest? way to lower my ST 1-1.5" all the way around. How would or could I go about doing this efficiently, not pricey, and SAFE!?? Thanks, DDST

2" lowering blocks in rear and 1" torsion twist up front. Should even out nicely. Look in the mombers projects for a write-up on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not wanting to even it out due to carrying any loads. I like the way it looks presently, just want to drop 1" or 1.5" all the way around. Not to level it out at all! Thanks, DDST

Do a search on torsion twist and check out the members projects. It involves lifting or lowering the front of your sport trac simply by turning a bolt and measuring until reaching desired said drop or lift. The back you would need a lowering block to act as a spacer between the axle and leaf spring packs. I suggest getting a 2" block and cutting it down to the desired drop height. Maybe using something else as a lowering block but I don't know how safe that would be. There is also lots of info on lowering blocks on here.

If you want to lower it without leveling it, don't go more than 2in blocks. You can adjust how much you do or don't level it with the torsions. Keep in mind, they won't drop more than 2, maybe 2 1/2 inches up front, which should be fine for what you're doing. Here's mine with a 2in torsion twist and 3 inch blocks. Mine was leveled.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

Looking good Larry! What kind of wheels and tires are those? I am looking to purchase some wheels but I am not sure what kind of tires w/ good tread! I don't want lo-profiles! Not good enough grip and traction! Thanks, DDST

Thanks! They're 17x9in Rage 208 wheels with 285/60R17 tires. They rub a little during hard cornering. Panther wheels sells the same wheel under the name 208 at www.pcw.com, but I don't know if they still have them in our size and offset.

what size tire can I get that is the same diameter/circumference as the Michelin 235/70/R16 that I can put 17's on or 18's possibly and have good deep tread as the Michelin's I currently have and also prevent Speedometer change, etc? Thanks, DDST