Help! Went in to Fix Rear Window Now Sun Roof Won't Work

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve White 2

Reaction score
Rear window on 2001 ST quit working. Reviewed prior posts of others having same problem. Tried resetting procedure and it didn't work. Assuming motor needs to be replaced. Took it to dealer who did diagnosis and confirmed that I need new rear window motor. Gave me an estimate of $360 which is more than I can pay so I took a pass and decided to live with it.

Now sunroof doesn't work at all - - I have used the sunroof a number of times since the rear window stopped working and never had any problems. I can't say for sure the sunroof was working on the day I took my ST into the dealer but I never had any problem with it before. Called service manager at dealer and asked whether in doing the diagnosis on the rear window something might have been done by the technician that caused the sunroof to quit working - - maybe a fuse blown or something. Service manager got defensive and said absolutely not - - no connection at all between their work on rear window and sunroof - - said must be just a really bad coincidence.

I'm really bummed because it would be nice to have a least one of them working for the summer and I can't afford to fix either right now. I don't really believe in coincidences and am worried that something the dealer did in diagnosing rear window may have screwed up the sunroof - -

Does anybody have any experience with this or thoughts on whether the two might be related?

Anybody had both their rear window and sunroof go out especially on a 2001?

Appreciate any thoughts or assistance my fellow ST owners can provide.

Thanks.

I'm a new owner of a 2001 ST and the first thing I noticed is the sun roof was intermitten after further( Messing around ) found that if I moved my finger around from side or the other on the switch it started working right so I figure the contacts must be wearing out or just off set from the center.Sorry it doesnt fix the rear window. But as far as having your local dealer fix it you can buy a repair book(Haynes) $15 , Rear window motor $45 doing it yourself. (priceless) Hope that helps. Ps it could very well be a loose connection

Latest posts