help with '01 grand marquis keyless entry.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
My brother has my Moms '01 grand marquis. He lost the numbers to the driver door entry.
I know we can get the numbers for our Tracs from the module under our dash.
Any one familiar with the Mercury Grand Marquis.
Thanks

If Ford cheaped out like they did with the Lincoln Town Cars then it will be on the DDM inside the driver's door.

Edit: Yup. After a quick Google search, looks to be the case. Remove the driver door panel and the code should be on the DDM.

Edit2: FORScan should also be able to grab it for you if you have it and don't want to rip the door apart.

Last edited:
My brother has my Moms '01 grand marquis. He lost the numbers to the driver door entry.
I know we can get the numbers for our Tracs from the module under our dash.
Any one familiar with the Mercury Grand Marquis.
Thanks
If you still have the owner's manual in the glove box, there will be a card with the master code. Also, instructions for changing the code. Obviously, with the right software, you can retrieve the code as well. Just a thought...

... Also, instructions for changing the code. ...
You can't actually change the code, it's hard-coded. You can add at least one though.

Yes..been a while, but should have said add, not change..

Before you tear into things, check the trunk hinges for a sticker. Not sure what year they stopped putting it there.

Know anyone with Forscan ??? they can get it for you.