Help with factory sub install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john martin 3

Reaction score
Help! I have an '01 with the Audiophile system. Just replaced the HU and I want to hook up the new HU's sub out (RCA) to the existing sub. Simple enough after getting the harness that this sight has mentioned (BHA5700R), right? Well, I'm stuck. I've connected the ST's female plug for the sub to the aftermarket harness, then connected the harness's 2 RCA males to the new HU's sub out. No sound from the sub. I have a feeling that the extra 4 wires (2 black, 2 blue) on the harness that hang alongside the RCA males may need to connect somewhere, but I can't make sense of it. Any help?

I'm not sure...largely out of ignorance and minimal competence in audio connections. If they are the power leads, I'm wondering why there are 2 matched pairs and where they would connect to. (?)

Blue/white goes to radio's remote wire and black/white or plain black goes to ground. all wires (to include RCA's) will need to be hooked up to get sound from the sub.