Help With Random Interior Part

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know its been quite sometime since I posted last (busy at work, etc.) but I need some help... the other day I was cleaning out the Trac and noticed this part sitting in the front passenger side floorboard. Does anyone know what it is??

Thanks in advance!

[Broken External Image]:

??? anyone take your door panel off lately? :unsure: look under the seat ??? I honestly don't know...

I hate that when I find parts in the floorbaord, and no idea what it fits..maybe just something the factory worker laid down and it has been under the seat all this time...do the seats work properly?? I dunno... one end having plastic coated hook would make you think, so it wont scratch what it hooks to...

Is that the passenger seat adjustment lever??? Looks like it might be, and the plastic is the part u grab...

Good luck

Andy

Looks like an installation tool of some sort. Maybe the handle broke off and the factory just left it in the truck....

I bet HAL would know what it is...

Todd Z

Gavin,

I highly doubt it. The parking brake is actuated by your left leg. It looks nothing like that. plus it looks too thin to handle the pressure needed to actuate the parking brake.

I have no clue what it is.

Tom