Help with shipping a bed extender

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Vincent

Reaction score
I physically took a bed extender to a UPS store and I got a shipping price of $137 to send it from NYC to MA. That seems really high. I would ship it wrapped in bubble wrap, which is the smallest it can be. Boxed they said it would be $170. Any ideas about another way to ship?

Thanks,

Peter

They are out of their mind. I got mine off eBay. Paid $70 for the extender and $35 for shipping via UPS to North Dakota from Alabama. Box it yourself...cut the box to wrap around the extender, dont just simply drop it into a large box. Id try another branch of the UPS store while your at it.

Take it completely apart with an allen wrench, put the piping together and the plastic pieces bunched up with it. Get two (2) flat pieces of cardboard, or a big sheet and wrap it, making it look decent of course. Ship it that way. OR, wrap it with a good bubble wrap, tape it up good, and ship it that way. FedEx will take it I know. UPS should as well.

Greyhound has a freight service, terminal to terminal. It's very econonical when shipping large or odd shaped items. I shipped a front and rear air dam, and side skirts for a Mazda 6 from Florida to California for $63. You can go online and get quotes from their site.

Amtrak.

If both parties live near Amtrak stations, you might be able to ship with them. I had a front end sent from Chicago to Sacramento, and the price was a fraction of what UPS or FedEx wanted...

I sent one to Florida from SC on Greyhound, complete, not wrapped and it cost 32$. The buyer went to the bus station and picked it just like it was a passenger.

Latest posts