Help with Xcal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYJohn

Reaction score
I already sent an email to Wayne and I'm waiting for his response but in the mean time I was looking for any sugestions on this. I installed the Xcal but there's a problem with it. There's a 4 second delay in the throttle response. The ST barely moves and then after 4 seconds lunges forward with a neck breaking jerk to it. I'm going to install the original stock program untill I hear from Wayne, but I was curious if anyoe else had any problems or suggestions. Thanks.

John, There was another member that had an issue with the 07 tuning also, Wayne needed an updated file from SCT or something like that...

Try another tune you got to see if it is just the one tune or the computer programing...

Todd Z

I have a 07 ST V8 Limited on order and I was going to buy the Xcal as soon I received my vehicle but I have read several posts about the Xcal not working that well with the 07. My main concern is not so much to get better gas mileage as it is to improve the throttle by wire effects. I would ask any member that has an 07 ST and has used Xcal to let us know what experiences they are having with it. Thanks.

well, back to the stock program for now. As an added note- the instructions say to remove the fuses for the fuel pump and the electric fan - I removed the fuel pump fuse but there is no fuse for an electric fan- the closest thing there is for the fan clutch so I removed that one. Would that make any differance?

The instructions seem to be outdated and generic. It said the same thing for my '03. It's not necessary to remove fuses when changing programs.

Should I try installing the 87 octane program again? I can't try the 93 octane program because I still have half a tank of 87 left in the ST. Does any one know where Wayne is? I sent him an e-mail but didn't get a response yet. Maybe a long Memorial Day weekend? I'm getting anxious. :blink:

Try your other program again. If it doesn't work than go back to stock until you get better programming from Wayne. I'm sure it will get fixed soon enough, he does stand behind product.;)

John...I sent Wayne an email also last Wednesday and haven't heard back yet either. Did you send it to the email address listed in his profile here?

Chet

Chet - Yes I sent it to the address in his profile. Thats the one he used to respond to all my questions about the Xcal. Maybe he's on vacation or something.

I had no 4 second response issue with my 07 ST. There is a delay from when you initially apply power to when it kicks in not matter what the tune. I think this might be something that can't be retuned out of the PCM.

I do not blame this on drive by wire. My 97 Vette is drive by wire and there is absolutely no delay, just like a throttled connection. I think the PCM on the ST is making some decisions before telling the throttle servo to engage, resulting in the delay.

Latest posts