Help with xcal2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike oyler

Reaction score
I just bought a xcal2 (not from Wayne) which I really regret. I was wondering if anyone has played with the tuning program that comes with the xcal2? I want to change the shift patterns on my ST but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. The help buttons in the program don't seem to work so I'm kinda lost.

One of the things I want to change is the down shift. If I'm towing my atv up a hill I have to almost floorit to get it to kick down a gear to maintain my speed. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for any advice you might have.

Mike 0

I have one also. You should contact Wayne for changes, he can e-mail you what you want. There is no "user" access to the "tunes". They are in a PROM chip, which means Programmable Read Only Memory.

He will have exactly what you need very fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRACket Paul,

When I got my xcal2, I was sent 2 basic tunes for my truck. I was also sent a cd with a program on it to change the tunes to fit my needs. I can change air,fuel,timing,shift pressure, shift points and several other things as well. You can get this program from the xcal2 website, and you to can play with your tunes. I just cant figure out how to do the shift points?

Mike 0

You can download the soft wear from SCT's site and upload your program and edit it from there, BUT with the tranny if you overlap the shifts you will cause damage to the tranny..

I would purchase a new tune from Wayne with what you want done!,...

Todd Z

Latest posts