Help-Xbox 360

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Zuber

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting an Xbox 360 core, but i don't know if i have to buy the hard drive to save games or not. Does anyone know? Would you recommend wire or wireless controllers? And are there any games you would recommend? thanks any help would be great.

Save up the extra $100 and get the premium. Almost all games require the HD to save. You can save to a memory card, but that costs $30, so for an extra $70, you get a whole lot more stuff.

Wireless controllers FTMFW! I have 4 wireless controllers and they're great. Don't really go through too many batteries (and I buy the off brand 24 pack for $4 at work). Definitely go wireless IMO.

Games: Depends on what you're in to. Gears of War, Crackdown (should call it Crack, it's addicting), any sports games look amazing, Call of Duty 3 (okay, too linear for my tastes), the list goes on and on.

I would recommend a USB cooler of some kind, either one of the ones designed for the 360 or just a standard cooler. Mine sits on a cooling pad powered by USB on all the time; my 360 would sometimes freeze after long sessions (usually during EA sports games) but has not frozen in over 3 months since I started using the USB pad.

Any more Q's let me know.

I would go for the premium if you plan on purchasing right away. But, I would also wait to purchase the xbox elite. The Elite was just confirmed to be released in the near future. The Elite is suppose to have an HDMI plug, i believe a 120 gb HD.

Heres a link

Distinguished by its black finish and signature metallic detailing, Xbox 360 Elite will have an estimated retail price of $479.99 (U.S.)"

We are not talking about the soon to be released 360. You can pick up a new premium package for under $400.

Wait 3 weeks and get the XBOX 360 Elite that has HDMI and a 120 Gig HD!

Release Date April 28th.

Plus it comes in Black so it will blend in with all your Home Audio Equipment.

I have the Premium and I will be upgrading to the Elite for the HDMI output.

Yes the HD is used for saving info. Or you need a Mem Key not sure what they cost.

I would guess the 20 Gig HD will drop in price in about 2 months because people will be upgrading to the 120gig HD drive.

Cheers

Whit

The premium is still $399. They said they may lower the price but not until the end of the year.

I have the Premium and I will be upgrading to the Elite for the HDMI output.

Why? $500 for just HDMI?

The PS3 is black and cheaper lolz. I'm done with M$. They said it was my fault my 360 is broken. Crappy customer service but I never expected better.

it might be cheaper just to get the core, and then purchase your own sized hard drive, say from ebay for the hard drive, and then just do the upgrade yourself. thats what i would do. but i dont own a xbox and most likely, never will. i like my ps2

Mud, any NTSF formatted external hard drive should connect through USB. I don't know how you'd go about making your own functional integrated drive, but I'm sure someone out there has done it.

save up for the premium becasue u need the hard drive for most games anyway. the elite is a waste i havent even used 1 percent on my 20 gig hard drive and i have tons of saved games and such. the hadmi is no real big deal plus most tvs only have 2 hdmi slots and i have them used up with my DVD player and my cable dvr box. so the xbox 360 premium is teh way to go. as for games i am addicted to rainbow six vegas. online its the best. but splinter cell rouge agent is very good too.

Well HDMI is huge for me... My TV has 4 slots plus my AV Reciever has 4 Slots also.

As for not using alot of the HD. I have a ton of music on my HD and the extra space will wonders for me!

Latest posts