HELP!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
HELP MY REAR WINDOW IS GOING HALF WAY UP THEN GOING DOWN!!!! AND ITS STARTING TO RAIN!!!!! I'm going out to try the link below right now be back in ten min to update if it worked or not!

Ok so it took less then ten but the window is up. Does anyone know what the issue is with my window is??? :( Hope its not fubared :(

Some of the trucks have issues and mechanical issues.... I saw 1 members window bow and hit the frame and another's the mechanism inside was going bad and causing it to jam....

i would NOT open it past vent till it gets looked at !!

Todd Z

Might want to try some silicone spray in the track. Might be dry and binding, going to saftey mode.

Yeah Todd that's good advise!

Eddie...I'll give it a shot when the weather is nice and not raining lol and yes I think it was going into safety mode as it would go up about half way then stop and go back down.

Steve...Thanks for the link!

Shawn...I got the window up JUST in time...it was spitting here in Toronto then it down poured just seconds after I got the window up and my butt inside my girlfriends work. I'm texting my brother now to see if he can figure it out and see if it's covered under my warranty (he's a Ford mechanic in B.C.)

Hope this isn't yet another issue I have to fix....I already had to replace a whole bunch of stuff this year....I love my ST but damn it, it's costing me a small fortune! I'd rather be spending the cash on mods for her and then a ring for my girlfriend!!

The other thing is this...the window has been up all winter never vented or put down.....it was warmish today and I decided to air out the truck a bit. I noticed when it went down it was real slow, but it did go down. When I went to put it back up it went even slower to the half way point then, I assume, went into the safety mode. I'm hoping its just in need of some lube to solve this....or it looks like either no window for now on until I can get a new motor for it.

Mine was doing the same thing last year. It turned out that the trim/seal at the top had come apart and was not allowing the window to close all the way. Reseating is along with a little of trim adhesive (rubber cement) took care of the problem.

I think it's the motor.....tried the silicone spray today and it is still doing the same thing. Had to do the reset over and over to get it up all the way. Not happy....and I know it's most likely not covered under the warranty either :sad:

Ok,

To find out if the motor is going or if the track is binding.. you will have to remove the motor.

** With out disconnecting the connector ***

Use an allen Socket (I used a Casket key. because I had one from the Hearse) to move the window up and down. if it moves Easily then the motor is on its way out.

if it is hard then the track needs to be cleaned.

if you disconnect the connector you will have to go through the reset procedure to get the motor to work again.

Hope this helps..

Thanks Sal A I'll give that a try when the weather is a bit more stable. Too much rain right now.