HELP!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vros 234

Reaction score
ok my shocks are ckreking like CRAZY! I sent it to the dealer and the said they "fixed" it. I have had so many proplems with these people and saying they fix things when the next day it just goes back to being the same thing again. The shocks are to worst problem. I could not hear them very well over my system till now and the sounds is horrible.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!:(

If it is coming from the rear, I bet it is not the shocks at all. The dealer changed my rear sway bar ends to eliminate the squeaking in my ST. The sway bar ends are the two shiny parts on the outside of the shocks in my photo. The one on the right has a portion of a white sticker on it.

[Broken External Image]:

That is my guess. Since I'm not there to hear it, I can't be positive, but it is a common issue. They have a new, redesigned sway bar to deal with this problem, which is what you see in the photo of my truck.

They have a new, redesigned sway bar to deal with this problem, which is what you see in the photo of my truck.

You meant the sway bar end links, right Nelson?

vros234,

I think Nelson was actually referring to the sway bar end links. That's probably the source of the squeaking. When you go back to the dealer, mention this Technical Service Bulletin:

Component Description:

4. SUSPENSION:REAR Bulletin Number: 4213

Bulletin Date: 01 November 2004

Vehicle: 2004 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC

Summary:

SQUEAKING NOISE FROM REAR SWAY BAR LINK. *TT

If your ST is still under warranty, they'll replace them for free.

Latest posts