HELP!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 01' ST is still running terrible. It is idling very rough to the point that it feels like it is going to cut off. I have now cleaned the throttle body, replaced the IAC, and checked the rubber elbow for cracks and it is still running rough. There also is a definite miss in the engine that you can hear when it is idling. Is there anything else that I should do because I am thinking about selling it.

How many miles? Still have stock plugs and wires? Tried the "Seafoam treatment" yet? Did you check the bottom of the vacuum elbow, or just look at it and see the top is good?

Sometimes is just makes sense to go to the dealer and have a factory trained expert determine the problem.....yes I know the labor rate is about $90 an hour depending on your area but why keep trying to fix it by adding new parts in hopes of finding the problem......

I had the same problem...

I replaced the plugs, wires, and coil. Along with the PCV elbow. It was cracked and split...My ST is running like a champ!

I would definately search for vaccuum leaks...Listen for a hissing sound from the engine.

Check your compression first. No sense in putting time and money in a motor that may be blown. Easy and cheap to do and should always do this first on older vehicle.

Latest posts