Henry Ford and Kingsford Charcoal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swshawaii

Staff member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Among other achievements, the inventor of the "Automotive Assembly Line for Mass Production", also contributed to one of America's favorite pastimes.

His innovations have the significance of other great men such as Edison, Bell, Franklin, Wright Brothers, etc.

SORRY, URL LINK NOT WORKING.

Google (About.com Henry Ford Charcoal)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go, Swshawaii. I found it on Kingsford's website.

Guess you could say Ford was one of the first recyclers!

Thanks Roger. Different blog, informative as well. The Original "Recycler" :)

Also there was an option from Ford, back then. A small grill and utinsals could be had. The was a box and a strap on the running board to store it....:D

I had no idea about that. Pretty cool. Last years bike trip took us by the plant in West Virginia. Smelled like an old firehouse as we rode by and dozens of trailers full of wood pulling in to make the stuff. Neat! Bob ;)

Yeah Ed. My only question is WHY you didn't buy the "Model T" ?

Must have been the color. :lol:

"You Can Have Any Color You Like, As Long As It's Black".

(Quote from Henry Ford regarding the Ford Model T color option)

Also a song from Pink Floyd's legendary 1973 album, "The Dark Side of the Moon"

"Any Colour You Like".

"Among other achievements, the inventor of "Mass Production" also contributed to one of America's favorite pastimes. His innovations have the significance of other great men such as Edison, Bell, Franklin, Wright Brothers, etc. "

Henry Ford did not invent mass production, and he did not invent the moving assembly line. So many people say this but it's not true - look it up.

But he did maximize the advantages of these technologies to lower the cost of cars to a point where most people could afford them. That and the "living wage" increases were his greatest contributions IMO.

Thanks Jeff. I stand corrected and re-phrased the original post.

Out of curiosity, what "look up" of info are you referring to? (web site, book, etc.)

I googled Henry Ford, and saw an interesting bio at @ About.com.

Thanks, Steve :)

I don't have one particular reference I am referring to, but if you read books or "serious" articles about his life & work most of them get it right. His contributions to industrialized American society as we know it are huge.

Latest posts