Here we go...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blert

1st Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
2001 job 2
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
20210503_161007.jpg
Over ten years of neglect so here we go.
Wish me luck.

...Looks to be about 2hrs work.....LOL....;)
Ha! I'll be lucky to get it done in two days. Using this as a chance to teach my 15yo son how to do this kind of stuff so it will probably take a week.

Got the booster and master cylinder in... easy.
Got the rear brakes, soft brake line and shocks done... drums suck, but easy.
Got the driver's side bearings, rotor, soft brake line, shock, caliper and shoes done... easy.
On to the passenger side... Bloody hell! The new caliper bracket bolt holes are too big! The bolt just slides right on in. Napa is not open on Sunday. Damn you Napa!!!

All done except the garage cleanup.
Thankfully, Napa had just restocked so they had a caliper in stock. Took it out to the empty field down the road and activated the abs a few times just to make sure to purge any air in the module. Need to bleed it one last time. It feels good but I think it can be better.

Glad its all good !

Glad its all good !
Thanks!
Still feels like there is an air bubble in there. I have half a bottle of fluid left so going to bleed it a couple more times until I run it out. No point in keeping an open bottle of brake fluid around.
Loving the Bilstein shocks. Rides better than it ever has and nowhere near as harsh as the Monroe Reflex were. Both the fronts were crapped out BTW. Took them off and mashed them down... they did not return. Backs were still good though but they got changed anyway.

A hand vacuum pump helps to get air out and doing the bleeding with ABS is a pain some times..

Latest posts