Here's to Older Women (Tracs)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
With all of this talk about 07's, here's to those who go for older Tracs.

I've had this since January 2004. She's two whole years old, but with a good buffing, some Zaino sealant topped with Zaino spray sealant, she's just as beautiful as the day I brought her home.

(Those boobs at the detail shop must have used 99 cent carnuba; I only intended to wash it today, but when I was, nothing beaded up. Thus, today turned into a full detail - stripped the remnants of their wax and started anew with Zaino, Zaino, and more Zaino. The shop did, however, do a good job with the rotary buffer.).

Sure, she has her scratches, little chips, and some other imperfections. But don't women get better with age? Except Bea Arthur.

Oh no! My new '07 does not have a power rear window! Well, this old girl has me covered.

Oh no! This stupid headunit does not have an auxiliary input! We have to wait until Job 2 '07s! Well, with the help of P.I.E., I now know what buttons to push to get my way with this fine lady (SAT, for those who are interested in these inputs).

Go out and give your old girl the patented 1-2. You'll be happy you did.

[Broken External Image]:

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I <i>still</i> say that the best Tracs made are the 2001 Job 1's. Nothing will top those...not a V8 engine, not another limited run orange color, nothing...those Job 1's were what STs are supposed to be: the basics to get the rough and tough job done, with a few nice touches to make it all worth while, and in any color you wanted with any other color. I'll leave the over-stuffed, indentity confused later Tracs to those who aren't really sure what they want either.

Adam, looks very good. I had two black cars over the years and when you detail them up they look great.

Since I feel I was singled out, I'll respond to Tiger. (That's the way I took it.) I think all the S Ts look good in all the colors. I had an 01 and it had some problems just like some of the new ones. 01's aren't any better than the rest of them. If you get lucky and no problems then great. Look at that 07 with the engine change, that's sad for the owner.

I'll leave the over-stuffed, indentity confused later Tracs to those who aren't really sure what they want either.

I don't know if you did all that's listed in your mod list to your ranger but it sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

My 2cents... Gary D. in CT

My 2002 is as pretty today as the day I got her. She has a few scratches, paint chips, parking lot dings, and other imperfections. She is still the third love of my life. First is my Fiance Theresa and second is our little doggie Molly.

She has a few extra goodies on her now and she had to work hard to earn her keep, but she did it without a complaint. Ask her to pull 8,000 LBS, sure no problem. Load over a ton in the bed, she handled it without a sweat. Mad rush to the emergency vet for a neighbor with a dog in convulsions, she did that too.

She starts right up every day and does her best to make me happy. She even talks to me. I just hit my remote and she tells me she heard me. Gotta love it.

[Broken External Image]:

Then...

[Broken External Image]:

Now, but those are the winter wheels...

Tom

My helper and playmate -- MARS ROVER

[Broken External Image]:

Moving Van

[Broken External Image]:

Ranch Hand

[Broken External Image]:

Playing in the Pecos River, New Mexico

[Broken External Image]:

Hanging out at the "Crib"

[Broken External Image]:

2004 Sport Trac XLT Premium 4X4 :wub:

Gary-

I've done all of that, and much more. But I'm not confused. I know what I what my truck to be, and slowly, I'm transforming it into my vision. Pot calling the kettle black? Not at all.

I'm not talking about problems, Gary, I'm not insinuating that the Job 1's are better because they were built better, I like them because they are the most unique of all the STs, and the ones that are most like what the ST was originally being promoted as.

The '07 isn't what I'm looking for in a vehicle. Too big, too soft, too unsure; now I could take the time and money to make it into what I want...but really, it's still too big, too soft, and too mixed up.

Tiger, when I read your last sentence, I took as people who keep adding mods to their trucks are confused as to what they want. You didn't say the 07 is what you meant. Thanks for clearing it up.

Gary D.

P.S. Sorry I got a little defensive about my orange trac. I like having 1 of 562.

I have a 2001 Job 2. Just turned 48K on it. The only major warranty issue was the brakes and rotors were replaced at 15K. Otherwise, everything else was minor. I think it's been in the dealership for warranty issues maybe 4 or 5 times. It has one scratch in the plastic bumper. Not a single door ding and the paint is perfect. However, the paint on the step bars is peeling but I will replace them with stainless steel bars. I still get compliments on her all the time. Right now it has my business logo all over it and anytime I do an on-site install the client is always checking it out. Plus, its been an icon at the local speed shop that I have a business relationship. I always have customers that drive by and stop because I'm parked outside of their building. Love the ST and no I don't sleep with her as she is too big for my bed...LOL

Here Here!!!

-Jade/ Project Number eXperimental-2001-

My MOST expensive and addictive hobby to date... :lol:

She's been a blast in the last 3 years, and I have withdrawels when I'm away from her for long periods. And for over 100,000 miles on her, it certainly doesn't show. No other vehicle been as fun to drive and work on as Jade. I don't think a Gen 2 would make me as happy, even though my family is trying to get me to buy one so they can keep Jade.

The past 3 years have been a wild ride, and I hope to make it many many more!

2001 Job 2, build date of August 2000

From Stock

[Broken External Image]:

To Street!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: