HESITATION

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOUIS CERBONE

Reaction score
Hello, some assistance needed before i go to dealer...lately my truck has been sputering, or hesitating when i drive, well yesterday it got really bad around 3k rpm. I thought it was the tranny because one day the light started flashing then it went awy within an hour...when i start the truck up and keep it in park and press the gas it hesitates and at 3k rpm it breaks apart and does nothing like its not getting enough gas...when i floor it the same happens...138k miles...please help

I can't chime in on what's happening while you're driving, but when you have it parked and rev it, the engine will start to sputter at 3000rpms because of a rev-limiter. Mine does it too (no problems during driving though). Good luck.

Unless you have it flashed by an xcal2 or something, then when in park the rev limiter will kick in, everybody has it..... there isnt anything wrong

As the others said the rev limiter kicks in at 3k rpm, when in park and shuts down the fuel. If it sputers the same when driving, posible fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator or bad fuel pump. If you have never changed the plugs or wires, that can cause simular symtoms.

ok well thats good when in nuetral, and i have never changed the plugs or wires yet fuel filter etc, i guess thats what im doing tomorrow...

If you're having really bad hesitation while driving, another thing you might want to check is if there's any water in your gas. That's happened to a member here before.