History - Rebirth - Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After several years of absence I am back. Many of you may not remember me. In '04 I traded in my '01 Silver Birch ST for a Wrangler Unlimited, what a mistake. I traded that in on a "05 F150 SCrew and I'm ready to come back home to the ST. It was the best, coolest, vehicle I've ever owned. I'm going to buy one within the next three weeks. I'm waiting to see what the new management does with the incentives.

My delima is what engine to buy. I would really like to have better gas milage than my F150 4.6L but my previous ST never got more than 16 mpg either even with the KKN. I pull a pop-up camper about maybe six weekends a year. I never had any thought that the 4.0 didn't have enough power. I hate to pay for something I really don't need. Your thoughts???

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's a '02, so I can't help you with the engine question but, WELCOME BACK! :cool: Good luck with whichever you get.

You traded in your Trac for a Wrangler? What were you thinking? :D

Nice to have you back in the fold Warwagon.

Hey Scott.

Welcome back!!

Good luck with your purchase. You planning on putting the War Wagon decal on your new Trac? :cool:

You will most likely have to get one off the lot

I have been trying to order one for 8 weeks

Now they are not sure if the line will go down

So if you need one - and do not want to wait forever

then you most likely will get one off the lot.

thanks

bill e in decatur Ga

Welcome back! There was someone a few days ago talking about trading their Trac for a Wrangler (their Trac was poblematic)...You could have been the voice of reason perhaps.

Have your local dealer do a "Regional Inventory Search" for you to see if they have the one

you want close to you, but maybe not on your specific dealer's lot. Sloan Ford in Columbia,

TN., did this for me to find my '05 'Trac, late in the season, so to speak (July '05,

for an '05 'Trac!). Found mine at a dealer in Louisville, KY. (of all places)!!!

Got it down here in two days, no additional charge!

And if you go in with good, or pre-approved credit, as I did, this will help, also.

And remember, this is a "Buyer's Market" for any kind of Truck, or S.U.V., nowadays!!!

Good Luck...:D

I had a v6 in 2001 and now have a 2007 V8 and I wouldn't go back to a v6. I love my V8.

In fact, I just got the cool rating from my son the other day.We were driving down the road, windows down, and my 16 yr. old son says to me" this truck sounds so cool Mom" .

Made my day!