HOA Dog Issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, I pee in the yard every night too. It is a bonding ritual I share with the dog on our last trip out before bed. My wife is worried that the neighbors will complain, but I figure if they haven't seen anything like that then it is too late.

There is something natural and free about a man being able to pee in the great outdoors. It provides both physical benefits as well as spiritual benefits. I recommend it to everyone on a regular basis as a means for self-improvement.

Your idea was brilliant, but the execution did not past the sniff test.

Just curious--might that be the issue for the neighbor? Maybe she doesn't mind the visual appearance of the box, but she doesn't care for the odor of having her patio be one floor up from a urine-soaked litter box? (I'm assuming the neighbor has a patio/balcony/deck above your patio.) I know you said that you keep it "odor free", but I also know that some people are more sensitive to those odors than others, and that it is dang-near-impossible to truly keep a box of animal urine "odor-free", particularly in heat, humidity, or rain.

Not only do I agree with the decision of the HOA, but I'm not quite so anxious to necessarily say that the upstairs neighbor doesn't have a legitimate issue. I know that if my deck had a spot under it where animals (domestic or wild) were regularly urinating, I'd be taking action to prevent it from happening.

Tom, I pee in the yard every night too. It is a bonding ritual I share with the dog on our last trip out before bed. My wife is worried that the neighbors will complain, but I figure if they haven't seen anything like that then it is too late

Your excused Gavin because you live in MO. Do they even have indoor plumbing there? :rolleyes:

As far as peeing in the yard, The Gardner Guy on HGTV says human or wild animal urine keep the varmits away.

That's what I tell the wife: I'm trying to keep the varmits out of our garden. ;)

Women are jealous of that, ya know. The world is our urinal.

Well, we are adjusting what we do on the patio, if for no other reason than I'm tired of dealing with it.

BTW, there is a sprinkle on powder specifically targeted for grass/urine. Before, I'd water the grass after almost any urine incident, and it basically always just smelled like wet grass (it's a mini-dachshund, so the amount is like 2 oz) Once I sprinkled on the powder, NO smell at all, and I'm talking like from 3 inches away.

AND, the neighbor can't see the box, I have a patio umbrella that covers most of the open area of my patio.

Anyway, main thing is, I've eliminated my dog having access to the patio when we aren't supervising-this in itself should get rid of any complaints, because if the dog does go on the patio, it's picked up immediately. period.

we'll see, I've heard she's moved on to being a parking nazi in our garage...

she needs something to do during the day.:wacko:

Latest posts