Hoping someone could point me in the right direction

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK this is a little off topic but everyone on here is so helpful I figured I would give it a try. My girlfriend drives a 2002 Jetta and somehow she managed to get a dent in the panel on the dash that covers the passenger side airbag. Now I have been looking at it and debating how to pop it out without setting off the air bag. I'm pretty sure you can turn the airbag off so if you can would it be possible to just switch it off and then pop the panel off or is that just too easy? If anyone has any ideas on what to do or could just point me in the right direction to get some help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Can you get a suction-cup type dent puller and pull it out? It's plastic, right, if so it might have a pebble texture that makes suction difficult.

BTW; What is it with young'ens these days in the passenger seat with their feet on the dash? Not good for the dash, and even worse for the passenger if in an accident.

TJR, I thought the same thing. (the BTW part):lol: Jonathan, is the dent the size of a heel? Just kidding, I'd say try to turn off the airbag system and get the cover off and try it that way. The suction probably won't work because of the texture. Next time use the back seat and try not to put a window out.;)

Chances are to even remove the panel, you'll have to remove the airbag. I haven't taken apart that area of a Jetta yet, so I'm not sure...but disable the air bag system, disconnect the battery, and whenever working on the air bag or the area, never be in the "delpoy" zone.

Latest posts