Hose hanging out the bottom of my trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was walking out to my trac the other day, and notice that there was a hose hanging on the floor, located around the rear axle. One side of the hose came off some time ago, so i just tied it back with a plastic tie.

So I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Do i just tie up the hose to the axle or something, or do i need to take it to a repairshop or something. Thanks.

I posted a link so you can check out what I'm talking about.

That appears to be the rear differential vent hose.

Kind of important to have it hooked up to keep water out of the diff.

If that is the hose, you should see a nipple that it slips onto on the top of the drivers side axle tube.

Looks like the same hose I wondered about a while back, but it wasn't hanging down like that. One end is connected to the axle and then the running end goes up and across a cross member(?). Check it out:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
fliptrac, yea, its that hose. one end came off a while back and i just tied it down, but recently the the left side of it came off (the one showing in your first picture) and now i dunno what to do.

Doesn't it just slip back into the nipple? I probably should use different terminology after what Gavin just posted.

FlipTrac_511, how about "fitting" or "connection"?

As for Gavin's suggestion. I don't think big balls and limp hoses are a good combination anywhere.:lol:

Nipple is a correct term. Only when used in the improper text does the word become dirty.

My dog is a female and it is perfectly correct to describe her as a Chocolate Bitch Poodle.

Richard Cheney is known as Dick. So you could say Dick is sitting eating nuts, walnuts to be exact.

:D

Tom

Latest posts