How fast, and what Song?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Ponder

Reaction score
It's Saturday night, so lets talk about the PAST Saturday nights.. OK, in a previous post, Griff mentioned listening to Radar Love, and having to "Drop the hammer" .. Well, I know we are all smart enough now to follow the rules of the road, BUT, was there a time when you heard a song, and just felt like you HAD to floor it?

For me, it was Sammy Hagar's "I cant drive 55", on Interstate 435, and I topped 140 MPH once then. When I was in my late teens and early 20's, that song would come on, and my buddies would say "Oh Shi*" Knowing what was gonna happen .. That song still brings a sinister smile to my face, especially when the wife is in the car and give me the evil "Dont you DARE" look when she hears it.. ;)

So, what song was it for you, how fast, and what road?

My favorite song to do that to is :

JBA headers with RT y-pipe and High flow cat, and FM 40 muffler

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Honestly I don't have just that 1 song..

Todd Z

i gotta slam it when

saliva "click click boom" comes on...

love the song, blast it when im pissed or when ima race.

when im just cruisin tho... i like "life is a highway" by rascal flatts

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with Todd....The sound of my exhaust is music to my ears....

All 5 windows down and just cruising at around 80 is all I need..

Paul H

Eve 6 - "Open Road Song"

Lyrics:

Tonight I feel ambitious and so does my foot as it sinks on the pedal I press it to the floor,

I don't need a girl don't need a friend my friend lonesome's unconditional,

We're flying forever bored.

And for a moment I love everything I see and think and feel I love my broken side view mirror.

Cause it's so perfect I'm so perfect you're so perfect you're not here I hear the change in gears,

My pile shakes as I hit eighty on the open road.

This is an open road song.

The night is beckoning although I have nowhere to go but home,

Feels good to be alone.

With every turn comes a new frame of mind if I could frame my mind where would it hang.

I crack a window and feel the cool air cleanse my every pore as I pour my poor heart out,

To a radio song that's patient and willing,

My volume drowns it out.

But that's O.K. cause I sound better than him anyway any day yeah my voice is sweet as salt.

I search for comfort and I find it where I've found it many times before,

Times before can be forgotten.

1973 @ 140mph across I-10 most of west Texas. Listening to CCR, stones and steve miller band. Got a ticket from DPS rolling into San Antonio. Clocked me at 127mph, wrote the ticket for 80 in a 70. I was Army going home from duty, for the last time, from Fort Bliss, El Paso. Yeah, I know Iam old just dont rub it in....:lol:

edit; it helped to have that uniform on one last time..:rolleyes:

Sandstorm by Darude - Highway 16 to Vancouver - 170mph (not my trac - Eagle talon)

But I agree with Jeff C - amazing song.

Where were you guys when I was getting chastised for taking on the new Tundra big boy? And by the way, whoever said that the new Tundra would do the 1/4 in 16 something as if a 4.6Triton Ford won't must be driving a 4 cylinder. I have to fight myself to keep my foot out of mine and It's so hot it scares me sometimes.

Oldimer

Doobie Brothers -- "Rocking Down The Highway"

The Who -- "Eminence Front"

WAR -- "Ballero" and of course, "Low Rider"

Fastest I've ever been was about 125 in the '68 Firebird I had in high school. It was still pulling but I was running out of road. Bias-belted tires and manual drum brakes all around. Oh yeah.

last night, back seat of a silverado going to a race. couldnt find the seat belt, friend is driving and passes a car, and to prove his point i guess keeps going, hits a hundred on a country road, animals start running across the road from both sides, scared the piss out of me.

I'm not into driving real fast, but my song for something like that would be "Highway To The Danger Zone"

There's really not any one song for me.

I still like Molly Hatchett's "Flirtin' with Disaster", but there are others, like:

"Highway Star" by Deep Purple

"Rockin Down The Highway" by the Doobie Brothers

and "Radar Love" by Golden Earring

to name a few.

Oh, and I never had a Corvette or anything like that. My 1982 Mustang GT would run 130 flat out, but the onyl way I knew was estimating by the tach, because the speedo ran out at 85! But West Texas is great for running 100-120 for hours, sometimes without seeing anyone else!

Latest posts