How long Ford Expedition will last

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anupam Routh

Reaction score
Greetings! I initially posted this in Expedition forum. It seems there is not much interest in Expedition forum compared to Sport Trac forum. So I am posting this here.

How long a 1999 Ford Expedition will last with good maintaince? My wife's Ford Expedition has 85,000 [eightyfive thousand ] miles on it. The truck has been maintained properly according to the maintaince book. It has no problem. What are the mileage in fellow Expedition owners vehicle? Does any one has high mileage [above 100,000 miles]Ford Expedition? With thanks.

My oldest brother just got rid of his for a new Expedition and his old one had 130K on it. The only reason he got rid of it was because the tranny was starting to go. He didn't take real great care of it. He's not mechanically inclined so to get 130K out of it I was pretty surprised. I doubt he ever even had the tranny serviced at all. So I'd say just like any vehicle, if you keep up with the maintanance, it will last. You have to expect problems sooner or later. No vehicle will last without some type of major problem forever.;)

My wife has a 97 Expedition. It now has just over 122,000. Never had any problems until this last year. Had to replace the computer and the heater core. The heater core has become a big pain in the ass. It's been replaced 3 times within the last 4 months. It seems Ford's replacement cores are pure crap. I'm looking to get rid of it and get her something more reliable soon.

Yes we own a use 97 with 118k miles on it. It has been a nickle and dime truck on items like lights bulbs,sensors,switches etc.. As far as the engine goes its been very good truck.

I am looking into a new f150 to replace it.

Like any car, it will last as long as you want to keep it running. You can run it a million miles if you're willing to put the money into it to keep it on the road. At some point, you have to consider the cost of upkeep versus a new vehicle.

My mom had an Expedition when they first came out. She loved that vehicle and didn't have any problems with it. I think she sold it with about 50k on the odometer for a new redesigned Explorer.