How many keys came with 2003 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anupam Routh

Reaction score
Greetings! Please do not laugh. I bought a new 2003 Sporttrac in 2003. I can not remember how many keys came with it.

My wife's Ford Expedition with 100,000 miles had fire in the heater this morning. Smoke was coming out through the vent. She took it to a nearby a repair shop. According to the service person, it will take two days to repair the damage as the mechanic has to take out the dash board. Labor cost will be five hundred dollars. Total cost will be about seven hundred dollars. Do you think the repair cost is excessive?

Any how I gave my ST keys to my wife. Then I came to look for spare key. I find that I have two remote controls but one key for the ST. I contacted the local dealer without much sucess. The sales people do not know how many keys came with 2003 ST.

How many keys normally comes with a new ST? With thanks.

The cost for looking at the heater core sounds right. I was told that it would be 8 hours labour on my 05 F150 to look at it because they have to pull the entire dash out.

2 came with my '03. If you got it used from the dealer, there is a chance you got only one. Many people forget to give up both keys when they trade it in. See "LaRue" on here and he can set you up with another key.;)

you can get another key from LaRue, BUT unfortunately your going to have to have the dealer re program the truck for the new key....

Don't know the cost...

Todd Z

DO NOT let them replace the heater core with a Ford oem core. Went through 3 of them in less then a year with my wife's 97 Expedition. Ford's oem equipment sucks.

I checked with the local Ford dealer here and he said that it would cost 30 or 35 dollars to program a second key for me. But that was about 4 months ago._Ron

Greetings! Many thanks for all of your replies. After your replies that ST comes with two keys, I searched the house again and I found the missing key. Now the mystery why the remote control and second key were in different places. With thanks again for your help.