How many times have you dropped things between console and seat?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David J 3

Reaction score
Today I dropped my camera card in that space between the seat and console, when I tried to get it out it went under the console.:angry: After taking off the front part of the console and the bucket under the lid(for lack of a better term) I found that there is still no access and the entire console would have to be removed. I finally slid the seat all the way forward and was able to fish out the card with some tools. What a pain, seems like I'm allways dropping something down there. I guess I need to hold on to stuff better.:wacko:

I have a two dark towels crammed in between the seat and the console to prevent things like this from happening. normally its my cell phone/pen/ or a french fry that lands there... and i just can't let those french fries escape! :p

The towel idea sounds great! I need to find some that match the seats, which shouldn't be too hard. That should solve the problem once and for all, why didn't I think of that?

No more lost fries!:)

Dropped a Radar Detector suction cup a few weeks ago. Major effort just to find it, had to get a small hand and move the seat forward to get it, but very difficult

Dropped a $20 in there today at Sonic gettin' lunch. Had to pull to the end of the parking

lot to fish it out. It's even worse with the power seats, as the mechanisms below the

seat take up all of the normal hand room for fishing things out!

I love my Trac, but it wasn't gettin' my $20 !!!:p

I probably have 4 lbs of french fries and $50 worth of coins.... one increases the value, one decreases.... I'll let ya'll decide which is which.