How Much Longer is the 2007 ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike B 2

Reaction score
I have a 2003 ST and am getting a new 2007. How much longer is the new one?

I need to make sure this baby fits in the garage.

thanks

2007 -------------------------------------------------------2003

Wheelbase (in.) 130.5----------------------------------125.9

Length (in.) 210.2----------------------------------------205.9

Height – empty (in.) 72.5-------------------------------70.5

Width (in.) 73.7--------------------------------------------71.8

Track width – front/rear (in.) 60.8/61.8--------------58.5/58.3

Minimum running ground clearance (in.) 8.4-----6.7

Last edited by a moderator:
It was my understanding that the 2007 Sport Trac is 2" wider, 2" lower, and 5" longer than the previous versions??

...Rich

Rich, I'm thinking that those were the dimensions of the proposed Sport Trac Adrenalin Concept as it was labeled. I don't think the new 07 is 2" lower. As a matter of fact, if you look back at those auto shows, you will also notice that Ford had a wheelbase of about 112" for the Adrenalin Concept, which could not have been right because that was the wheelbase length for the 2002 Ford Explorer, so they kind of left those dimensions for the proofreaders to correct. I still have a lot of literarature from those good ole days when we thought that Ford was going to make us happy with the thought of such a vehicle for the future.

My '07 ST Limited 4X4 is higher ( approx. 3") and longer (approx. 10") than my '05 was. The '07 has 18" wheels on the Limited and that does increase the ground clearance slightly. The V8 is also a major improvement on get-up-and-go. The suspension is stiffer but the ride is just as quiet as the '05. The four wheel suspension is a major improvement. It really is a totally different vehicle. Only complaint is I can't fit my hard tonneau cover on the new bed properly due the change of bed design on the tail gate ..... anyone interested in a Undercover tonneau cover??