How to obtain this look?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a 3-4 inch drop in the back and a torsion key flip or bags in the front. Won't get there just pulling the torsion bolts.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like 20's with a 275/45/20 tire. Yeah gonna be difficult to get the front down like that and ride good, mine didnt go that low with the torsion bolts out. a 4 or maybe 3" block in rear and see what happens loosening the torsion bolts.

So I guess the best way to go about lowering is to do the front first, then order the blocks to coincide with how low the front will go...

Well, there is no way I can go down 3" in the back, and torsion bolts out... I would imagine that is somewhat like riding a bike while sitting down over a rough terrain ;)

What I really need to see is a X-Spec Lowering kit on 20's -- the 01 X-Spec kit, I guess they dont have 2" -- its 1 3/8" i beleive he said... which is not going to get me even close to this look, but stil wanna see what it will look like...

Anyone have some pics?

I think pulling the bolts will do it. Put larger wheels on it to fill the wheel wells up.

Don't forget to tint the windows too.

Tom

I got mine done real easy. Thanks Mastro, the photoshopmiester! :D

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Now if I could just get him to make it into a monster truck. :D

Chris you can go 3" in the rear with a 3" lowering block. Pulling the torsion bolts out and the 3" blocks will come pretty close to leveling the trac rather than having a rake as it does from the factory. The pic you linked too looks like it's been photoshopped which makes it a bit more difficult since you can't ask the owner.

Ya, that is my truck, with the new wheels I ordered yesterday on it...

I want the rear to be slightly higher than the front as in the pic.

The fella at EE said that the 01 ST's have less suspension travel than the mid 02+ does, and they tried even the 2" lowering blocks on the 01's and there still was not enuff suspension travel for a decent ride...

This is why I ask.

3" Im assuming on a 01 ST would drive like a go-cart?

Tom,

The windows are tinted ;)

Ya, I love the look of my photoshop pic of my truck... I dont think I could handle a rough ride that I am pretty sure I will endure going down 3"

Is it THAT bad?

Pulling the torsion bots will have the front bump stops riding(resting on) on the lower A-arms which means you won't have much travel in the front end and depending on your tire choice you're going to feel every single bump and pothole. The harshness of the ride all depends on who you ask but it will definately be much more stiff and unforgiving. As far as I know WFoy is the only member to do the torsion key flip though I'm not certain of the side effects of doing this.

Ehh, I'm riding with a 3" drop in the rear and removed torsion bolts up front. Yeah, the ride sucks, but if I was looking for a nice cushy ride I would have bought a Town Car...j/k. It's a sacrafice, and IMO, it's worth it. Same reason I had my tires balanced by adding weights to the inside only; sacraficing looks for a comfy ride...

Latest posts