how to paint radio bezel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
hey guys, i was wondering how i need to paint my radio bezel. and also what type of paint and do they even make the exact color as the silver interior of a silver 01 trac?

I don't know about the silver color.... But there are a couple ways to paint it. Once removed, which is the hardest part, you can either use an adhesive promoter then paint and then a clear coat or you can sand it down with a fine grit and paint then clear coat it. Really isn’t that difficult. Just time consuming. I have photos of my black one in my library.

esh... this was awhile ago.. And when i did it I had a 'mistake' while painting because i did it in the cold... which resulted in me having to sand paper the heck out my bezel. I used a tough grit to remove all the cheap paint ~ which was a 35-50 grit. Once it was all removed I went back over it throughly with a 100 grit to smooth it out. I used a promoter then my paint. MAKE SURE you cover all area where light comes thru. examples~ 4x4 switch/ rear window lights/ cig ligher. etc

TracNBlack, I will answer for Woppy echoing Bootsy, that covered cup holder is the ashtray cup that comes with the Trac. I had one standard in my '04.

TJR

Latest posts