How to remove sticky stuff off tailgate?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
Got home from work today and had a surprise waiting on me. My wife had the Sport Trac today and had it detailed while she was at work today. The guy that detailed my Sport Trac must have taken the sticker off the tailgate that had the Ford dealers name on it. Now there is some stickey crap on my tailgate in the lower left hand corner. How do I get this off without messing up the paint?Thank for the help.

Andrew

I'd try Megiars Quik Detail first. If that doesn't remove it, you could test Goo Gone on an inconspicous spot before trying it on the tailgate.

If you are careful ,I used acetone to take off superglue on a fender.But follow with a high quality wax to seal it._Ron

I debaged the entire ST...

The best thing that I found was....

Heat it up and roll it with your thumb.

Comes off quick, no scratches or harmfull chemicals..

I did the whole truck in 1 shot like that, thumb was pretty sore and HOT, but doing one area wouldnt have been a problem what-so-ever.

NO ACETONE!!! NEVER!!! (On Clear Coat!) It will severely "haze" the clearcoat!!!

Goo-Gone, quickly used, with a clean cloth, and then wipe/rinse with some water or wet rag,

then immediately polish/wax with a quality product to prevent degredation of the clear-

coat!

P.S. Andrew, If your "Detailer" did not know any better how to deal with this little problem,

and how to fix it, I may seriously consider calling him a "detailer", and/or taking it back to

him in the future. This is kind of a simple problem when dealing with "adhesive", or

stick-on emblems or decals (de-badging).