Hummer H3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Dee

Reaction score
No doubt there is considerable wisdom on this board. Would anyone care to share their thoughts or experiences concerning the new H3 ?

I intend to test drive one this evening and who knows what will happen next.

I'm currently in an 04 FX4 Supercab after relinquishing my ST last October due to incurable drive train vibration.

The Hummer H3 is a Chevy Colorado with some tweaking. Same underpowered I5 as the Colorado. IMO, you would be better off buying a Colorado.

Tom

Wow! The Hummer has the I-5?

I have read nothing good about the I-5 from the car and truck rags. Sounds like it is an underpowered tractor engine with no benefit over a V6 (such as the venerable 3800).

My chump coworkers share the same thoughts almost to the penny. Buy a Colorado and toss about 1k lbs. in the bed and there you have it. I'm not as adverse to driving around in a Hummer as opposed to a GM/Chevy ... how embarassing.

The Vortec 3500 claims 220hp....what...only 10 more than the ST ??

5 cylinders ? Would prefer at least 7.

Guess the test drive will tell. Perhaps I could contain myself long enough until the ST is duly equipped with a V-8.

Appreciate all the feedback.

In my opinion, there is only one hummer...the original...the rest are just souped up mini-vans

Hummers are over priced toys for rich folks and guys with little "you-know whats". Guess it raises there testosterone level driving one of those.

Saw two of these Colorado Rejects on Beale St in Memphis this past week. Truely astounding at the lack of class these things have. I dislike the H2, I really dislike the H3, especially seeing how underpowered they seem to be.

They come off the same line in Shreveport, La. I saw a model about 8 mos. ago, seemed small and cheaply built. It is like the removed the rear legroom and skimped the interior of an H2 to make a more "affordable" H3.

H1's are the only true Hummer, but for street use, not very practical. See a few H1's around here, they're almost too wide to stay in their own lane.

I read a review of the H2 vs the Suburban... the reviewer said 'save your money and buy the Suburban. It will haul more, get better mpg, ride better, and hold resale value better than the H2.'

The H3 looks like the Jeep Liberty's ugly cousin, for sure.

Latest posts