Hummmmm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't need Foosey. If the 4.6 is the same as used in other vehicles (should be) there's no reason you can use a manual from one of the others. Major issues would be cutting a hole for the shifter, master cylinder location and line routing, disabling the pcm for the auto and output shaft/drive shaft changes. Those would be the biggest issues I would think.

Having done this before with various old cars, I think there's a little more to it than that. Does anyone know if the current crankshafts for engines with automatics attached from the factory are even drilled to accept a pilot bearing for the manual transmission input shaft? On many older cars, they weren't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just takes time,

I got a tremic t-5 and bell housing in my 75 mustang II.... Everyone said it would not fit and would be a pain...

Yes it took me 4 months of weekend work but it got done....

I would love to get a manual and stuff it in the st...

Todd Z

Dreman,

Because my mustang II ran 11's all on motor out of a punched out 302, NO NOS, NO S/C...

Great street./ strip car, Light weight, handled great, looked cool and was different than the "ME TOO" cars of the ratmaro, Crustang, Pontirats,

Threw everyone for a loop when I pulled the trick of putting a 100 dollar bill in the passenger sun visor and told the passenger you can keep it if you can grab it before I hit 3rd gear....

I never lost that $100.00 bucks....

Same reason I made my 98 mustang v6 run low 13's high 12's on all motor...

GOTTA BE DIFFERENT !!!!!

Just like making the ST go fast...

Todd Z

A Mustang II? Why would you go to that much trouble for a Mustang II?

People make fun of the Mustang II, yet it was one of the top selling models in the history of the Mustang.

I have my eye on a Mustang II Cobra II. They guy wants too much for it. He thinks it is a collectors car. A 351 would be sweet in that thing.

Tom

Latest posts