Humor--Stimulus Checks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kids college fund. They are our only hope.

lets not forget, college educated people put us in this situation. Can we afford any more destruction.

Seriously though. Here is a good example. People are saying how great it is that Ford is finally listening to its customers and producing cars they want not cars corporate wants them to buy.

I could have told them that 10 years ago. I would have done it for free too.

Then again, I am just some dummy that went through an apprenticeship program. What do I know? I don't have a know-it-all degree. ;)

Tom

Then again, I am just some dummy that went through an apprenticeship program. What do I know? I don't have a know-it-all degree.

Sometimes the School of Hard Knocks is just as good as Yale. It at least keeps you humble and have at least some measure of common sense. Where is that in any of the loud mouth poly's in congress today?

Honestly, the School of Hard Knocks is where we need to send those Yale, Harvard, and Cambridge graduates that are running us in the dirt! Let them get a taste of how the "little people" live. They might have a different opinion of who they need to please and how to do their jobs!

---edit---- No offense intended to any members of this site that went to those schools! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Some helpful info for those wondering when you will get yours:

People who use direct deposit also will be among the first to receive the payments starting April 28. Direct deposits will be made daily and completed by the date listed below:

DIRECT DEPOSIT

Last two SSN digits: Payments will be transmitted no later than:

00 through 20 May 2

21 through 75 May 9

76 through 99 May 16

Paper checks will also go out based on Social Security number. For Social Security numbers ending in 00 through 09, the paper checks will be mailed starting May 9 and will continue through May 16. A similar process will be repeated in the following weeks.

PAPER CHECK

Last two SSN digits: Payments will be mailed no later than:

00 through 09 May 16

10 through 18 May 23

19 through 25

May 30

26 through 38 June 6

39 through 51 June 13

52 through 63 June 20

64 through 75 June 27

76 through 87 July 4

88 through 99 July 11

I'd say by the time everyone gets theirs it should give us about what??? 6 tanks of gas?! funny but not really...:eek:

I think that is a pretty narrow view -- let's face it, while we all sit around and say, "I could do this better than the President (Governor, Senator, whoever), in reality, to truly govern well, you gotta be pretty smart. Yes, common sense is important, but so is an education. You don't learn advanced economics in the "School of Hard Knocks", you don't learn law, you don't learn history, etc., etc., etc. Yes, I think that we have had some leaders who didn't understand what an "average" American goes through (and that can apply to Bush just as much as it could the Kennedys), but thank God that some of them are that smart. We have often needed it.

Yeah, people don't usually like the smartest kid in the class, but they are the ones who turn into Bill Gates.

Rocks

MTU,

What I am saying is that it seems that a college education and becomming a CEO does make you the answer to everything. I mean,. Ford's CEO and Marketing manager are getting praises for "giving the customer what they want ans listening to the customer".

Seriously, this is nothing groundbreaking here.

Anyone with half a breain would know that to sell something, you need to offer something people want.

If they do not want it, there is no reason to buy it.

Many of the most successful people in the world never stepped foot in any college.

You got some out there that are successfull because of thier parents. If Dubya was a poor white guy from W. Virginia, do you seriously think he would be where he is today?

Tom

Yeah, people don't usually like the smartest kid in the class, but they are the ones who turn into Bill Gates.

Bill Gates dropped out his first semester of college. He's now a Billionaire. My brother did the same, and during high school he was one of the "potheads" that was always skipping class. He is a millionaire.

It doesn't take a college education to be successful in business. It takes hard work, willingness to take risks and a lot of luck to become wealthy.

Yeah, after I wrote that I realized that Bill Gates wasn't the best example and probably just a line I should have left out. I don't deny that actually having a drive to succeed is a big part of doing it. And no, it doesn't require a college degree to be successful in business, but it can sure as hell help.

I am simply seeing in several posts an bias that if you are intelligent enough and get the grades to go to a great school like Harvard or Yale that somehow you cannot understand "little" people. That you are now too high and mightly to look down from your pedestal to see what is beneath you. I think that is bunk. That kind of attitude has to do with the person, not the amount of education they have or what school it came from.

When I was in high school, I would have loved to go to MIT or Duke, but you know what, I couldn't get in (or afforded it, but that is another issue). That's OK, I went to a great schools and that has provided me the knowledge to do pretty well for myself. I am very proud of my "know it all degrees" as someone said, and I have not lost my humility in doing so, and I resent the implication that I have. I don't think they make me better than anyone, they just mean that I committed myself to learning about something. They are not the only path to success, but it is the one that I have chosen. And I think that most college graduates feel the same way.

I also think that running a company and running the country is alot more difficult than it is being made out to be, and it requires more knowlege than can simply be provided by life experience. The "school of hard knocks" may provide great experience in personnal relationships, budgeting, and work eithic, but it doesn't really give you much in the way of international economics, corporate finance, international law, or, in my case, wave propogation, dynamic systems, and acoustic holography. Yes, anyone can say that "you need to offer something that people want" because that is the easy part. The hard part is figuring out what that is, will that change by the time you build it, how many will people buy, how you can make it, how much they will pay for it, how much it will cost to build, what regulations you need to follow, etc., etc., etc. That is what all that college education can help with.

And, no, having a degree does not mean that you are smart, it means that you were given and absorbed information. What you do with it from there will show if you are smart or not.

I am sure that the next post will be someone protesting "That is not what I meant", and I have no doubt that it isn't. From what I can see, I think that you are all generally good people. But this is how the things like "college educated people put us in this situation", "I don't have a know-it-all degree", and "Let them (Yale, Harvard, and Cambridge graduates) get a taste of how the 'little people' live" sound.

Rocks

Michigan Technological University, Class of 1996 (BSME) (Hence the MTU in my screen name)

University of Michigan - Dearborn, Class of 2004 (MSME)

That's OK, I went to a great school...

Huh? I thought you said that instead of going to a great school, you went to Michigan Tech?

:lol::lol::lol: Just kidding! :lol::lol::lol:

I know several Tech alum, and have to give them guff about going to "Youper U" every now and then.

p.s. Next post wasn't protesting "That is not what I meant." :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the class warfare and higher education bias is still alive and well, in the world and on this board.

The #1 problem in this world isn't the "so-called" educated elite that are running companies into the ground.

Nope, a much bigger problem is the divisiveness that exists between people of different beliefs, ideals, and backgrounds; existing all because people can't seem to get past their own baggage and see the value and merit in other people that don't think like, haven't had the same background as, and aren't like themselves.

We can talk about problems, but a huge problem is created those people who can't see beyond themselves, and their attitudes and biases. In my experience, those people are typically the ones with the biggest chips on their shoulders, and those that blame others for most their problems.

TJR

MTURocks,

Good post. There is a bias by many against the educated. It's just that... a bias. Most in the middle seem to have a lot of contempt for those below and above, not recognizing that many of those above and below started in the middle.

TJR

Bill -- I have heard many a good Yooper joke. I would love to move back there.

And, yes, you just had to prove me wrong by not being a "protest" post right after me. :):):)

TJR -- I agree with your points. I don't get on my soap box quite that much very often, but this is admittedly one of my pet-peeves. I get alot of flack for "selling out and moving away" from some members of my extended family who, frankly, don't have the ambition to actually do something with their lives.

And I meant what I said about having no doubt that nobody meant to put me or anyone else down, but that is how some comments can sound to others.

Rocks

We can talk about problems, but a huge problem is created those people who can't see beyond themselves, and their attitudes and biases. In my experience, those people are typically the ones with the biggest chips on their shoulders, and those that blame others for most their problems.

Coming straight from the horses mouth.

Tom

Cayme,

There are no chips on my shoulders. My place in life is directly due to my own hard work, and some good fortune. The bad things in my life are my own doing too.

I was talking about those that have the chips on their shoulder and seem to constantly be the victim, with the whole world out to get them. The look at those above, below, and across the street or the ocean (or in the executive office down the hall) with contempt, typically. That is so not me. As I said, no chips here. No need for them.

TJR

Hey, it's free money you idiots! Use as you want besides it was taken from the rich to give to the poor-- just as the liberals want but funny how they complain about the idea. hmmm.... smart group of people!

Latest posts